Family and Consumer Science
Applied Skills for Life Now and in the Future.
FCCLA stands for Future Career and Community Leaders of America. This is a national and state organization where young adults practice and apply life skills when meeting goals in an ultimate leadership experience.
To be a member contact Mrs. Herbst.
To become a student participant who will represent the school at events students will need to do the following:
· Learn the creed. http://www.cashmere.wednet.edu/hs/FCCLA%20Creed.htm
· Participate in the fund raising projects. We will be selling energy efficient light bulbs.
· Participate in meetings and activities.
· Excel in an area or program. These are described at http://www.fcclanj.org/programs.html
Visit the National organization to learn more at http://www.fcclainc.org/
Visit the State organization to learn of opportunities to participate in with other involved teens at http://www.fcclanj.org/
The West Deptford Chapter meets on Thursdays with special interest groups meeting on additional days for· Life Smarts a consumer education program
· Sew and design clothing, or Sew and use a sewing machine to quilt
· Prepare healthy food for some school activities and Alex Lemonade Stand
· Participate with preparations for the State meetings.
Meetings have been changed to accommodate many students.
They will be on Wednesday in September.